National Enrichment Facility - Consulting Services
Hukari Technical Services (HUKARI) is providing Consulting Services for the Design, Construction, and Start-up of the National Enrichment Facility (NEF), which will provide a domestic source of enriched uranium for nuclear power plants in the U.S.
HUKARI supports development, implementation, and assessment of the Criticality Safety Program and Nuclear Material Control & Accountability Programin compliance with regulatory requirements and licensing. HUKARI also supports the Design, Construction, Operations, Public Relations, and Legal departments of the prime contractor, Louisiana Energy Services (LES), with regard to licenses, permits, and Integrated Safety Analysis and their implementation at the NEF.
HUKARI’s specific tasks include:
- Assisting development/implementation of the Criticality Safety Program, ensuring compliance with regulatory & licensing requirements
- Assisting in establishment, maintenance, & implementation of programs, procedures, & work practices associated with responsibilities of licensing
- License compliance-focused configuration control reviews of design packages, design changes, & other configuration changes to support the Technical Services Department in transition of design documents from Architect Engineer to Construction Organization
- Configuration management reviews IAW 10CFR70.72, including Integrated Safety Analyses
- Nuclear material control & accountability program development and implementation
- Commercial grade dedication evaluations
- HUKARI’s Fire Protection Field Engineer for construction of the uranium centrifuge facility conceptualized, implemented, and sold to State permitting authorities alternative methods of fire protection for the facility resulting in cost savings exceeding $10 million
Learn More about the National Enrichment Facility